Wednesday 7 March 2018

Valspar Championship Golf tips

After Phil Mickelson being one of my Successful tips last week at a healthy 25/1, we start again this week looking for some value at the Valspar in Florida. Having a look around the markets, some bookmakers are offering 8 places, so definitely worth looking for some value punts outside of the usual top of the betting names.
At the top of the markets are your usual protagonists Rory Mcilroy and Jordan Spieth. At the moment I can't have Rory at the price he is, there is no evidence for me to say he looks like winning yet. Until there is more consistency through all four rounds I will be giving him a wide berth. Spieth on the other hand looks like he could be returning to somewhere near the form we expect to see. There were definite signs last week he was on the route back to winning, and if he can get the putter going then it won't be long. You would imagine he is even more determined with the way Dustin Johnson and Justin Thomas are playing to get back to the very top of the rankings. He could easily start this week but at 8/1 he is no value.

So where to look for some value this week. First up and one I am really keen on is Ryan Moore at 35/1. The facts are simple to see, he has five top 20 finishes at the Innisbrook Resort course and the last three years have yielded finishes of 18/3/5. Having been in decent form without threatening to win hopefully this time he will give me a good run for my money.
Next up is Webb Simpson. He being one of the golfers having to change from the belly putter has obviously has made things more difficult. Like Moore has good previous form at the course although not so recently. His game has been in good shape with top five finishes and around 50/1 I think he provides some good value and interest over the four days.
Last pick is Kevin Streelman for me. A player I always like to have on my side and when I don't is when he tends to be in top form. He like the other two has good course form to his name which is something I like to note, none better than winning the title back in 2013. He has been in the top 40 in every tournament since the turn of the year including a sixth at Pebble Beach. He looks value to me at 50/1.

My picks:
Ryan Moore 2.5 pts e/w at 35/1
Webb Simpson 1 pt e/w at 50/1
Kevin Streelman 1.5 pts e/w at 50/1.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday picks

Royal Ascot Selections. 2:30 Shades Of Blue 4/1 3:05 Stream Of Stars 7/2 3:40 Wilamina 8/1 ew 4:20 Cracksman 4/6 5:00 Saltonstall 12/1...