Thursday 22 February 2018

Saturday 24th Views

After last weeks successful first blog where I tipped up Black Corton and Waiting Patiently we move on to Kempton this weekend. I appreciate they weren’t the biggest prices but always happy to pick up a winning double and ante post around 8/1 I’m happy with that. Hopefully this weekend I will continue the winning streak.

The first race to look at is the Betdaq handicap Chase a grade 3 contest over 3 miles. Heading the market is Nicky Henderson inmate Gold Present. Two from two this year his form looks good, particularly last time out in a Listed Chase at Ascot. Some of those in behind have done the form no harm at all, Froden finishing behind Waiting Patiently and Cue Card last weekend and Yale Enki winning the Grade 3 National trial also last weekend. One could think 7/2 is a big price and his chance is obvious, however like last week I’m prepared to take the favourite on. I’m looking for some value and the one I am looking at taking a punt on is Art Mauresque. I think at 12/1 Paul Nicholls’ 8 year old is too big and worth a chance each way with four places available. If you look strictly at his form figures then you might not be impressed, but he has been campaigned constantly in Graded races. In his first appearance this year he tipped up at the first so you can’t take anything from that race. His second though is what interests me, finishing 8 lengths second to a certain Waiting Patiently at Ascot. There were also proven Grade one and two performers behind that day, so for me he looks too big and I’ll be hoping he is on a good day and give me a run for my money.

The Dovecote Novices Hurdle at 3:00 looks likely to be an intriguing race, with a number of contenders having raced only a few times it’s hard to get a real angle on the form. There are three having their first runs over hurdles too, solid handicapper Carntop who progressed to Listed level on the flat. More interesting than him though are Humphrey Bogart from the all powerful Henderson stable, who was a constant group class performer on the flat for Sir Micheal Stoute. Alan King also sends a previous group class horse from the flat in Scarlet Dragon, both of those could be anything if taking to their new challenge over obstacles. I really think anything could happen in this race, but for me to pick one to put my money down on it would have to be the current favourite. At 15/8 Monte Des Avaloirs isn’t much value in a tricky race, however after finishing third in the the Tolworth behind Summerville Boy and Kalashnikov that form couldn’t be any stronger and on known form he would appear the likeliest winner. I will not be remortgaging the house on it though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday picks

Royal Ascot Selections. 2:30 Shades Of Blue 4/1 3:05 Stream Of Stars 7/2 3:40 Wilamina 8/1 ew 4:20 Cracksman 4/6 5:00 Saltonstall 12/1...